Tuesday, May 27, 2014

thoughts about phones

Having a landline is quaint. Smartphones are the standard. Back in the day Nokia was big, then Blackberry, then Apple iPhones... the idea of minutes and long distance are becoming novel ideas as well.
I've never held a smartphone. I was slow to embrace texting three years ago, so a qwerty handset with a meh camera that looked like the old Blackberries is what I've had since we got a texting plan.
EMPs would do more damage to America than a dirty bomb given the dependence upon personal entertainment devices, one could conclude. Reminds me of a novel I was writing that I had only finished the final page. The premise was that the V-chip was a small detonator meant to kill anyone within a couple yards of the television when a universal detonator went off. Clever idea? Dr. Who had something similiar only an antipolution device terraformed Earth's atmosphere habitable to aliens and not humans.
I wonder how much the factory workers make in China. Way things get depicted, a cellphone is the product of all things evil, yet we all most have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.