Beat writer of old who left it to be a columnist for a rival paper now has gone solo. His stuff was free online, but now you have to pay $4 a month for access. I'm cheap, I guess. Seems uppity. I didn't care for his non-beat stuff, but if he touched upon baseball, I read it. His cult following on Twitter surpassed 50k, so he had the sort of backing he figured he needed to pursue his venture. If he snags 10k subscribers his first year, he will be happy. He had 1,000 the day he went live with his site, so all seems good thus far. I just don't care enough to pay, so I unfollowed on Twitter and he returned the favor.
Wish I had the ability to write and have people shill a few bucks a month for my thoughts and observations. I am not normal, so I suppose I could push myself to be more expressive than my restricted public access persona.
Everything in the news boils down to someone being dumb. It's dumb to shoot rockets and not expect consequences. It's dumb to care for your deadbeat neighbor's family when your own kids are going hungry. It's dumb to be concerned about stuff you cannot change as though you can make a difference.
Interestingly, the unaccompanied children immigrating here come from places where abortion is restricted. If their mothers had options during their pregnancies, maybe they'd not need to make a dangerous trek.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.