Monday, July 21, 2014

crazy talk and remembering James Garner

My dad is nuts. Not sure what his deal is, but he's talking nonsense a lot of late. He hates guns but talked about having one and being on patrol at the border with orders to shoot to kill the other day to my mom. I have nothing against guns. I hate deer, and I believe hunting them is a sane means to control their population. Of course, most people are ignorant of hunting laws if they don't hunt so my sanity may seem in doubt, I guess. AW rifles are what hunters use, so handguns are on the gray area of being reasonable to me. Too many are already in circulation and 3-D printers can probably make usable ones to make a ban on handguns practically stupid. So I guess what I'm saying is that people should consider the illogical elements of gun control and just try to treat what causes shootings to decrease through other means, like algorithms to identify potential shooter types and get involved with their lives in a productive way or send them away to a place to be less dangerous.

I'm not talking prisons. Prisons are a waste of resources. What is gained by locking up people if they are not reformed upon release?

Nursing homes seem to be prisons as well but of a different variety.

AW James Garner was a fave actor of my father, but dad wasn't fazed by his passing. He started talking about Elvis as though Garner was his friend. Weird, my dad hated Elvis, so the correlation is... IDK.

Before my dad got sick with his illness/ CIDP disease, he wasn't a complete a-hole. He was self absorbed, but didn't hate everything with which he disagreed. Now he seems to be confused and angry as though he has nothing else to feel besides his physical pains.

Supposedly he's leaving the hospital this week, but he can't walk and my mom can't exactly care for him. He is confused a lot, so I doubt he's going home.

I just don't know what to feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.