Saturday, July 12, 2014

buck

Driving back from the place I was born towards my chosen home, I started wondering if I'm too old to give myself a nickname. I wasn't thinking Doom but rather Buck. In one of Ministry's side projects I think Al went by Buck Satan. Catchy. I used it for a password for a while and changed it to f#%&$@+@*, I forgot about that. Not sure why I was thinking about buck satan, other than leaving the place I once knew fairly well.
Somber visit. Not sure I'll go back. Old friends seem strange when you're a stranger to your hometown. Never understood the place when I reluctantly called it home. I feel like Lot leaving his pillar of salt. Nothing is forcing anyone to stay or even linger.
Of all the old classmates, I've no idea how many stayed vs left. Most I hear about who stayed are now divorced. One died. I just assume they think I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.