Sunday, May 25, 2014

thoughts and such

There was a time I'd watch Taxi Driver daily. I had it on VHS and watch when I was between stuff and meh-ish. When I felt like doing stuff I would stop and pick up the next day. I have it on DVD and I don't know when I watched last, and I can't say for sure I watched the DVD I own. I got a hoard mentality about things like shoes and jeans. I have learned to let go of old socks. Anyways, violence on screen doesn't make me feel the need to reenact, so I have a hard time getting the notion violent films are to blame for mass shootings. If everyone who ever felt rejected went on a killing spree, then who'd be left to bury everyone? It's easy to blame, but yet difficult to understand... biases blur the underlying elements. Supposedly mental illness is a sane response to an insane society, but I've not read that for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.